Sunday, July 22, 2012

Watchmen (2009)

Watchmen (2009)

Directed by: Zack Snyder
Screenplay by: David Hayter and Alex Tse

Genre: Action | Mystery | Sci-Fi | Thriller
Running Time: 186 Minutes (Director's Cut)
MPAA Rating: R
Viewed: Owned Blu-ray

This city is afraid of me. I've seen its true face.

[IMDb]




Comments: The Watchmen story isn't one that's exactly made for the big screen. It's so grand and large in concept that it doesn't play out like a film; rather it feels that during the bloated three-hour runtime we're only scratching the surface of what's underneath (I do think this would make an interesting TV show, though). Despite my issues, Watchmen is unlike anything I've seen before - I can still remember being awestruck when leaving the theater in 2009. No superhero film I'd ever seen before dealt with material that was so heady. That's what simultaneously makes Watchmen a great watch, but maybe not the greatest film. Either way, it's quite an experience.

No comments:

Post a Comment