Saturday, July 7, 2012

Total Recall (1990)

Total Recall (1990)

Directed by: Paul Verhoeven
Screenplay by: Ronald Shusett, Dan O'Bannon, and Gary Goldman

Genre: Action | Sci-Fi | Thriller
Running Time: 113 Minutes
MPAA Rating: R
Viewed: Owned DVD

What would you do if someone stole your mind?

[IMDb]




Comments: I've seen the trailer for the upcoming remake of Total Recall enough that I decided it was time to sit down and watch Paul Verhoeven's original film. I'm glad I did, because Total Recall was right up my alley.

- I loved the general idea behind the film. The various different twists and turns that were brought up felt fresh and original. Plus, I loved how violent and offbeat the entire thing was. The film felt very horror-esque at times, and that's never a bad thing for me.

- I know many love '80s Arnie, but he's always just been so goofy to me. Don't get me wrong, as many of his films are undeniable classics, but I just can't help but chuckle at his acting style at times.

- Sharon Stone was fucking hot back in the day.

- I think Len Wiseman's remake, which comes out in few weeks, will be decent. The trailers look alright, and the cast is decent. I doubt it will be fantastic, but I'm sure I'll go see the film. They better have a three-titted chick though.

No comments:

Post a Comment