Wednesday, July 4, 2012

Spider-Man (2002)

Spider-Man (2002)

Directed by: Sam Raimi
Screenplay by: David Koepp

Genre: Action | Adventure | Fantasy
Running Time: 121 Minutes
MPAA Rating: PG-13
Viewed: Owned Blu-ray

With great power comes great responsibility.

[IMDb]




Comments: Spider-Man came out at the perfect time for me: I was a about to be a senior in high school, was a complete nerd, and had no idea what I wanted to do in life. And here comes this perfect superhero movie, one that I desperately wished could've been my life. I saw Spider-Man a few times in theaters, something I rarely do (Spider-Man 2 and The Dark Knight are the only other ones that comes to mind). This the the first time I've watched Spider-Man in years, and unfortunately the film doesn't hold up as well now. It's really goofy at times, with mediocre performances all around. Raimi's stamp is definitely all over the movie, but that doesn't really help make viewers take the film more seriously, as his style lends more toward campy humor. Spider-Man is still an entertaining film, but compared to the quality superhero work that's come out in the last few years, it just can't compete.

And what the hell is up with Kirsten Dunst's teeth? I can't believe they didn't pretty those up before having a close up of her smiling.

No comments:

Post a Comment