Tuesday, July 17, 2012

Batman Begins (2005)

Batman Begins (2005)

Directed by: Christopher Nolan
Screenplay by: Christopher Nolan and David S. Goyer

Genre: Action | Crime | Drama | Fantasy
Running Time: 140 Minutes
MPAA Rating: PG-13
Viewed: Owned Blu-ray

[IMDb]






Comments: As I'm sure many are, I'll be watching Christopher Nolan's first two Batman films this week before checking out The Dark Knight Rises this weekend. I'm one of the few that liked Batman Begins more than The Dark Knight, and after watching it for the first time in a couple years, I'm glad it still held up for me.

I've always been a huge fan of superhero movies. I never read the comic books or watched the cartoons for any of them, but when it came to movies, I watched all of them (though in recent years there's been so many that I haven't kept up as much). But Batman Begins was the first superhero movie that was different for me; it made me completely forget that I was watching a movie about a guy running around dressed up as a giant bat. It was that powerful. It especially says a lot that as I watched it again tonight, seven years after the film was initially released, I enjoyed Batman Begins as though I was seeing it for the first time.

Words cannot even begin to describe how excited I am for The Dark Knight Rises this weekend. I'll go into that excitement a little more when I watch The Dark Knight (likely tomorrow or Thursday). But as for Batman Begins, I'll leave it with this: it's not a just an exciting superhero adventure. It's top-notch movie making and a fantastic film. Period.

No comments:

Post a Comment