Monday, July 30, 2012

Jeff, Who Lives at Home (2011)

Jeff, Who Lives at Home (2011)

Directed by: Jay Duplass and Mark Duplass
Screenplay by: Jay Duplass and Mark Duplass

Genre: Comedy
Running Time: 83 Minutes
MPAA Rating: R
Viewed: Owned Blu-ray

The first step to finding your destiny is leaving your mother's
  basement.


[IMDb]



Comments: I really enjoyed Jeff, Who Lives at Home. Part of the reason is that Jeff reminds me of me, circa two years ago or so. I wasn't quite as "spacy" as Jeff is at times, but the idea of being lost and trying to figure out your place in life (along with living with your mother and having quite an affinity for the movie Signs) really resonated with me. Jason Segel and Ed Helms are great together, and their adventure is the absolute highlight of the film (the film's runtime is mostly split between the two brothers and Susan Sarandon and a secret admirer at work). That's not to say Sarandon's story wasn't good, but I much preferred the two leads. Judy Greer was great as well (as she always is), and her relationship with Helms feels incredibly real and authentic. So yeah, I liked this movie.

No comments:

Post a Comment