Tuesday, July 31, 2012

Forbidden Photos of a Lady Above Suspicion (1970)

Forbidden Photos of a Lady Above Suspicion (1970)

Directed by: Luciano Ercoli
Screenplay by: Ernesto Gastaldi and Mahnahén Velasco

Genre: Mystery | Thriller
Running Time: 96 Minutes
MPAA Rating: Not Rated
Viewed: Netflix Watch Instantly

[IMDb]






Comments: Despite having almost no sleaze (considering the title has the phrase "forbidden photos" in it), I found myself both intrigued and entertained by Forbidden Photos of a Lady Above Suspicion. I think the reason I was most surprised about my enjoyment of the film was that I absolutely hated the main character of Minou. The story revolved around a man blackmailing Minou for sexual favors based on a story he's feeding her about Minou's husband killing a man. Minou is completely dependent on her husband and succumbs to the blackmailer easily every time to "protect him." The woman had no fight and is an embarrassment to female leads everywhere. I couldn't believe that she was supposed to be the protagonist of the film. Let's just say Minou is not exactly the best role model for women.

But I was interested in the story of Forbidden Photos of a Lady Above Suspicion, and despite the lackluster ending, I enjoyed the time I spent with the film. The overall lack of nudity and violence was disappointing, but if you allow yourself to get into the film, it's not so bad.

Both Forbidden Photos of a Lady Above Suspicion and Maniac are expiring Thursday on Netflix.

No comments:

Post a Comment