Tuesday, July 31, 2012

Maniac (1980)

Maniac (1980)

Directed by: William Lustig
Screenplay by: C.A. Rosenberg and Joe Spinell

Genre: Drama | Horror | Thriller
Running Time: 87 Minutes
MPAA Rating: Not Rated
Viewed: Netflix Watch Instantly

Run from this man!

[IMDb]




Comments: I started watching Maniac Sunday night but stopped after about thirty minutes or so; I just couldn't get into it. After finishing it up tonight, I'm glad I watched it, but I didn't find too much special about the film. The real star of the film is Tom Savini - not for his small role, but rather for the outstanding gore effects used in the movie. Maniac is downright brutal at times, and that was pretty damn cool. Unfortunately, the rest of the film pales in comparison. It follows co-writer/lead Joe Spinell for the entirety - there's no other character that truly gets established. And I'm sorry, but Spinell's pretty goddamn boring. And he looks way too much like Ron Jeremy. I know a ton of people love Maniac, but it just wasn't for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment