Thursday, July 5, 2012

Spider-Man 3 (2007)

Spider-Man 3 (2007)

Directed by: Sam Raimi
Screenplay by: Sam Raimi, Ivan Raimi, and Alvin Sargent

Genre: Action | Fantasy
Running Time: 139 Minutes
MPAA Rating: PG-13
Viewed: Owned Blu-ray

The battle within.

[IMDb]




Comments: This is honestly the first time I watched Spider-Man 3. Despite my (then) love of the first two films, the number of negative reviews scared me away in 2007. I'd always planned to catch up with it on DVD but never did. And now that I've watched the movie, I can safely say that Spider-Man 3 is nowhere near as bad as many say; unfortunately, though, it's not very good either. The number of "coincidences" that occur to shape the film are annoyingly mind-boggling, and even if they mostly stay true to the comics that doesn't make them any less dumb. Luckily, even as the audience has to suffer through "emo Peter," there were a few fun battles and enough good scenes to sufficiently entertain me. I would've loved to see Raimi get at least one more shot at the franchise, but I guess a reboot wasn't the worst thing either. From the early reviews I've read about The Amazing Spider-Man though, it doesn't seem like there's all that much different about the new direction the series is going in. I'll find out this weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment