Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen (2009)

Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen (2009)

Directed by: Michael Bay
Screenplay by: Ehren Kruger, Roberto Orci and Alex Kurtzman

Genre: Action | Adventure | Sci-Fi
Running Time: 150 Minutes
MPAA Rating: PG-13
Viewed: Owned DVD

Revenge is coming.

[IMDb]




Comments: In all honesty, Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen is a rather bad film (woah, big revelation there!). It has a fucking ton of inconsistencies relating to both the first film and real life (not just the giant alien robots). There's no real characters or even chemistry between them, they're merely all action movie clichés. Michael Bay re-uses every slow motion scene from Armageddon, but in that movie, as unrealistic as it was, there was at least some developed characters that the audience sympathized with. During the entire movie, Megan Fox begs Shia LaBeouf to tell her that he loves her, but I couldn't have cared less as about three minutes of the film was dedicated to their interaction (not counting the thirty minutes where they ran away from everything). Still, I was mildly entertained by Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen. The humor is what works best, particularly Jetfire, the old Transformer. This line, which I will end the review on because I'm sick of talking about the movie, actually made me laugh out loud: "I have issues of my own. And it started with my mother! My ancestors have been here for centuries. My father, he was a wheel, the first wheel. Do you know what he tranformed into? Nothing!"

No comments:

Post a Comment