Sunday, October 18, 2009

The Brothers Bloom (2008)

The Brothers Bloom (2008)

Directed by: Rian Johnson
Screenplay by: Rian Johnson

Genre: Adventure | Comedy | Crime | Drama | Romance
Running Time: 114 Minutes
MPAA Rating: PG-13
Viewed: Rental DVD - Blockbuster

They'd never let the truth come between them .

[IMDb]




Comments: I tried really hard to get into Rian Johnson's The Brothers Bloom. But sadly, it took me three days to finish the film. I loved Johnson's Brick (that sounds dirty), and I expected to really like Bloom. However, while I didn't find anything wrong with it, I could never fully immerse myself in the film. The script is relatively well constructed with equal amounts of humor and drama, but the capers nor the characters are charismatic enough to truly envelop me in the story. I'm sure I'll buy the DVD when it's used for $5, so maybe my opinion may change down the line when I can experience The Brothers Bloom in one sitting. As for now, Rachel Weisz' bum is probably the high point in the film for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment