Friday, October 2, 2009

Blood Feast (1963)

Blood Feast (1963)

Directed by: Herschell Gordon Lewis
Screenplay by: Allison Louise Downe

Genre: Horror | Thriller
Running Time: 67 Minutes
MPAA Rating: Unrated
Viewed: Owned DVD

Nothing so appalling in the annals of horror!

[IMDb]




Comments: H.G. Lewis' Blood Feast has to be one of the worst-acted films I've seen. Connie Mason, who plays Suzette, is hysterically awful, as she has no emotion and sounds like she is reciting lines directly from the script. Lewis' direction is very bland as well, and many shots are straightforward and amateurish. However, I don't want to shit all over Blood Feast. The script worked surprisingly well, and didn't have many hiccups. Considering how low-budget the film is, it's particularly impressive that Blood Feast is as well put-together as it is. Plus, Lewis' score is effective, adding to the mood of the film. This was my first Lewis film, and I have the rest of the "Blood Trilogy" as well as Something Weird's H.G. Lewis box set. I don't think I'll be watching all of his films in a row, but they will provide a fun viewing on a rainy day in the future.

No comments:

Post a Comment