Friday, October 9, 2009

The Christmas Tale (2005)

The Christmas Tale (2005)

Directed by: Paco Plaza
Screenplay by: Luis Berdejo

Genre: Horror | Thriller
Running Time: 71 Minutes
MPAA Rating: Unrated
Viewed: Owned DVD

The children are going to be without gifts.

[IMDb]




Comments: The Christmas Tale is the second film I've watched from Lionsgate's Films to Keep You Awake set (the other being The Baby's Room), which is basically a Spanish Masters of Horror-type deal. However, I've completely enjoyed both of the Films to Keep You Awake offerings whereas I haven't enjoyed the Masters of Horror as much. The Christmas Tale is an entertaining kid-centered horror flick, like The Monster Squad or something of the nature. The kids make the movie fun (even though they can be a bit cruel at times); the best is definitely the boy that wants to be the Karate Kid. Who didn't want to be the Karate Kid when they were little (I think I wanted to be in the 3 Ninjas more, though)? I was a little upset by the film's second ending, as it was a bit of a downer. I felt the film ended perfectly five minutes earlier on a happier note. Otherwise, the Films to Keep You Awake set I picked up seems to be worth the watch. I've enjoyed the films so far; hopefully the remaining four will be just as good.

Also Known As: PelĂ­culas Para No Dormir: Cuento de Navidad

No comments:

Post a Comment