Saturday, October 3, 2009

Friday the 13th Part VI: Jason Lives (1986)

Friday the 13th Part VI: Jason Lives (1986)

Directed by: Tom McLoughlin
Screenplay by: Tom McLoughlin

Genre: Horror | Action | Thriller
Running Time: 86 Minutes
MPAA Rating: R
Viewed: Owned DVD

Kill or be killed!

[IMDb]




Comments: Despite the fact that Friday the 13th Part VI: Jason Lives is a major step up from its predecessor, the film still leaves a lot to be desired. I'm not quite sure why I've grown so weary of the Friday the 13th series; I was always excited to begin the next Halloween film when I watched the series last month (even though I wasn't that fond of a few of the films). Perhaps its because the plots have been nearly identical in every film (there's at least some variation in the Halloween sequels), as a group of counselors/campers are bound to get decimated. Either way, Friday the 13th Part VI: Jason Lives is one of the decent films in the series, but that's not saying much. I'm sure I'll get to the remaining films in the series sooner rather than later (I'll admit to being a little excited about Jason X, because, c'mon, he's in fucking space), but for now I'm going to move onto other horror-related things.

No comments:

Post a Comment