Saturday, October 10, 2009

Observe and Report (2009)

Observe and Report (2009)

Directed by: Jody Hill
Screenplay by: Jody Hill

Genre: Action | Comedy | Crime | Drama
Running Time: 86 Minutes
MPAA Rating: R
Viewed: Rental DVD - Blockbuster

Right now, the world needs a hero.

[IMDb]




Comments: Well. My first thought after finishing Observe and Report was what people who were expecting another Seth Rogen mainstream comedy thought about the film. I knew it was going to be, shall we say, a different type of comedy film (I am familiar with Jody Hill's great Eastbound and Down show). But Observe and Report is one bizarre-ass movie. I was unimpressed by the first 30 minutes, as most of the characters were generally unlikeable, but it tends to become more involving after that. Any scene where Seth Rogen beats the shit out of people was pretty funny, and probably the best parts of the film. However, Rogen gets shit on by everyone after that and we are theoretically supposed to feel bad for him. And while I did somewhat, it was hard because his character was so unsympathetic and generally a dick through most of the film. The ending was pretty hysterical, but I'm not quite sure why everyone accepted it as they did. Overall, Observe and Report is a wildly uneven film. There's some decent comedy as well as some decent drama, but it's not enough to pull the film together in the end. I'm glad I rented this one as I almost dropped $20 on it the other day.

No comments:

Post a Comment