Thursday, October 1, 2009

Alucarda (1978)

Alucarda (1978)

Directed by: Juan López Moctezuma
Screenplay by: Alexis Arroyo and Juan López Moctezuma

Genre: Horror | Thriller
Running Time: 78 Minutes
MPAA Rating: Unrated
Viewed: Owned DVD

They gave their souls to Hell... but the Devil wanted MORE!

[IMDb]




Comments: I must say, Alucarda is a pretty bad ass film, what with all the possessed lesbians and people getting set on fire. Juan López Moctezuma delivers some excellent visuals, along with the wonderfully gothic covenant the nuns live in. My only gripe with the film was how rushed the beginning was. Granted, it's a short film, but Justine and Alucarda become close friends in what looks like the span of two hours after they first meet. I'll forgive the film this time though, because they swap blood while naked a little later in the film. I'll tell you what, Satan's definitely got the life, because large groups of people have no problem getting naked and having orgies to honor him. How sweet is that? I think I need to start a cult.

Also Known As: Alucarda, la Hija de las Tinieblas, Sisters of Satan

No comments:

Post a Comment