Monday, October 5, 2009

The Haunted World of El Superbeasto (2009)

The Haunted World of El Superbeasto (2009)

Directed by: Rob Zombie
Screenplay by: Tom Papa and Rob Zombie

Genre: Action | Animation | Comedy | Horror | Thriller
Running Time: 77 Minutes
MPAA Rating: R
Viewed: Owned DVD

[IMDb]






Comments: First, let me say that I wholly support the live-action version of this film. To see Sheri Moon Zombie running around in all that glorious spandex (and less)... well, let's just agree that Rob Zombie is a lucky man (I even love her voice!). Add to that Rosario Dawson running around in a thong the entire time, and let me tell you, you've got the best film ever made on your hands right there. As for the animated version, I was taken aback at first, just because it's more of an adult Looney Tunes than an animated Rob Zombie film. But once I got adjusted to this, I did enjoy myself. There's nothing special about the film (despite the high number of animated breasts, which are apparently okay to jerk off to because the Japanese do it everyday), but I was both amused and entertained. The best part was without a doubt the musical numbers by the band Hard 'n Phirm, who apparently are a moderately successful comedy duo. One of the best was when Suzi X (Miss Moon Zombie) was being chased by Nazi zombies, and the band was playing a nice musical number simply describing everything going on ("holy shit she just jumped over that train!"). While The Haunted World of El Superbeasto isn't Zombie's best project, it's most certainly a fun way to spend an hour. I can see it being the kind of movie you watch with your friends while secretly ogling the animated boobs. And maybe discreetly pleasuring yourself, because that's alright. The Japanese do it every day.

No comments:

Post a Comment