Sunday, October 4, 2009

The Hills Run Red (2009)

The Hills Run Red (2009)

Directed by: Dave Parker
Screenplay by: John Dombrow and David J. Schow

Genre: Horror
Running Time: 81 Minutes
MPAA Rating: R
Viewed: Owned DVD

Trespassers will be slaughtered.

[IMDb]




Comments: I was really looking forward to watching The Hills Run Red. I read a few reviews and what I mostly got out of them was that Sophie Monk was going to get naked and there was going to be some excellent bloodshed. Well, Sophie Monk did indeed get naked. And it was good. There was some bloodshed, but I never considered it to be an extremely graphic film (the gore is done well, but it's not done all that often). However, I found the plot to be completely ridiculous and annoying. The kid from one of the American Pie straight-to-DVD films is a huge horror fan, and wants to seek out the lost film, The Hills Run Red, of which no known prints exist. So he finds the daughter of the director (played by the lovely Sophie Monk), weens her from her cocaine/heroin addiction out the of the kindness of his heart, and proceeds to take her, his buddy, and his cheating girlfriend into the woods to find where the director shot the film and hopefully find a lost cut of the film. Luckily, after the boring introduction (minus Sophie Monk's cannons), this is where shit picks up. Unfortunately, this is where all the twists start rolling in, and where I started rolling my eyes. Perhaps in the future I will enjoy the film more, now that I know the plot is complete crap, and thus I will be watching more for the violence and things of that nature. But as for the first viewing, I was wholly unimpressed and unsatisfied. Even Sophie Monk's nudity couldn't save the film, as she just wasn't right for the role. Where's Woody Harrelson when you need him?

No comments:

Post a Comment