Friday, October 9, 2009

Jenifer (2005)

Jenifer (2005)

Directed by: Dario Argento
Screenplay by: Steven Weber

Genre: Horror
Running Time: 58 Minutes
MPAA Rating: TV-MA
Viewed: Owned DVD

[IMDb]






Comments: This is only the second or third episode of the Masters of Horror television show I've seen (I treat them as films when I write up reviews because I don't have the full seasons and they're basically all short films anyway). I was pretty excited to watch this one, as it was directed by Dario Argento and scored by the guy from Goblin. But it was the story that shat on everything. Besides being entirely predictable (it played out like some low-rent made-for-TV movie, which is exactly what it is), it made little sense to me. I'm not exactly sure how this nasty-looking freak, despite the "great rack," manages to ruin the main guy's life. The story leads us to believe that her sexual persuasion is what holds power over guys, but I'm not sure how he manages to hold down his lunch while looking at her (especially after he's caught her eating the intestines of both the cat and the little girl next door). Jenifer is a strange little film, and one that should always be left on the small screen.

No comments:

Post a Comment