Friday, October 9, 2009

[•REC] (2007)

[•REC] (2007)

Directed by: Jaume Balagueró and Paco Plaza
Screenplay by: Jaume Balagueró, Luis Berdejo, and Paco Plaza

Genre: Drama | Horror | Thriller
Running Time: 75 Minutes
MPAA Rating: R
Viewed: Owned DVD

One witness. One camera.

[IMDb]




Comments: I was just going to recycle an old review from last year when I first watched [•REC] (online, because it hadn't come out on DVD yet). However, when reading back through it, I don't use any profanity, which I now try to incorporate in all my reviews to show that I have both class and dignity, and for half of the review I yammered on about was how I excited I was to see Quarantine. Hey, I can't always pick winners. As for [•REC], it's one hell of an exciting film. It's really short, which just adds to the quick pace and hurried nature of the film. This one ain't about character development, folks. But it is unquestionably entertaining. My only complaint watching the film the second time around was that it had lost all of its creepiness. I jumped a few times during my original viewing, and was definitely tense during some scenes. But upon watching it again, the film lost most of its effect. However, [•REC] is still a top-notch film, and one that every horror fan should watch, for fuck's sake.

No comments:

Post a Comment