Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Drag Me to Hell (2009)

Drag Me to Hell (2009)

Directed by: Sam Raimi
Screenplay by: Sam Raimi and Ivan Raimi

Genre: Horror | Thriller
Running Time: 99 Minutes
MPAA Rating: Unrated
Viewed: Rental DVD - Blockbuster

Even nice people can go to hell.

[IMDb]




Comments: I really wanted to like Drag Me to Hell more. The film was received well, and I've always enjoyed Sam Raimi. Drag Me to Hell really reminded me of Raimi's Evil Dead films, as the humor throughout combined with the editing and camerawork brought back the director's pre-Spider-Man days. However, I couldn't really get into the film. I found Alison Lohman's performance to be rather bad, as she acted and sounded like Drew Barrymore, which is never a good thing. I'm also not sure if this was intentional, but the CGI is horrible and the dead body used for Mrs. Ganush is extremely fake-looking. The humor worked well at times, but was somewhat childish at other times. All in all, it's really nice to see Sam Raimi return to his roots. However, I just couldn't get into the film or Lohman's character. If you're a die-hard Raimi fan, I can see you loving Drag Me to Hell. Otherwise, it's a nice rental.

No comments:

Post a Comment