Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Law Abiding Citizen (2009)

Law Abiding Citizen (2009)

Directed by: F. Gary Gray
Screenplay by: Kurt Wimmer

Genre: Crime | Drama | Thriller
Running Time: 109 Minutes
MPAA Rating: R
Viewed: Theater

The system must pay.

[IMDb]




Comments: The moment I saw the trailer for Law Abiding Citizen, one thing popped to mind: this will make a great rental. However, it's a rainy afternoon and I had nothing better to do, so it came down to a toss up between this and Where the Wild Things Are, and sadly I chose Law Abiding Citizen. It's not a horrible film, but it's completely unrealistic. The other main problem is the movie lacks a true main character to root for. Jamie Foxx and Gerard Butler share screen time, and both have their reasons for the audience to cheer for them at the beginning. Soon enough, though, Butler starts murdering everyone, and thus I expected him to be portrayed as a villain. However, he is still shown by F. Gary Gray in a sympathetic light. I won't lie, I was cheering for Butler the entire time and wanted him to fucking kill everyone. But I'm a little off-center, and therefore I like when people get fucked up (in movies, mind you). Law Abiding Citizen is a terrific film to rent, and not much more. It's way too over-the-top to be a serious piece of filmmaking, but you'll definitely be entertained in the end.

No comments:

Post a Comment