Friday, June 29, 2012

Shame (2011)

Shame (2011)

Directed by: Steve McQueen
Screenplay by: Steve McQueen and Abi Morgan

Genre: Drama
Running Time: 101 Minutes
MPAA Rating: NC-17
Viewed: Rental DVD - Family Video

[IMDb]






Comments: Shame is a fantastic piece of filmmaking. To be honest, it's something I would have picked up upon its original release, but I've never seen the fucking thing for anything less than $30. What the hell? I guess you need to pay for the privilege of seeing Michael Fassbender's Fassmember. But as I said, Shame is wonderful. The powerful images combined with the intense score left me in awe watching the horrors of Brandon's life due to his sexual addiction. The result is horrifying but completely enthralling. I also have director Steve McQueen's debut film Hunger (starring the Fassmember as well) in my Netflix queue; I'll definitely be hitting that up soon.

And finally, am I the only one that was reminded of American Psycho at times during Shame?

EDIT: Totally just went to the IMDb page to read some more about the film, and one of the top message board threads is titled "This film reminds me of American Psycho." Guess I'm not the only one then.

No comments:

Post a Comment