Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Megamind (2010)

Megamind (2010)

Directed by: Tom McGrath
Screenplay by: Alan J. Schoolcraft and Brent Simons

Genre: Animation | Action | Comedy | Family | Sci-Fi
Running Time: 95 Minutes
MPAA Rating: PG
Viewed: Loaned Blu-ray

It's big for a reason.

[IMDb]




Comments: I've wanted to get into more animation films for awhile now, but I just seem to prefer live action given the choice. I've tried to rectify that at certain points, but it's never really worked out. Anyway, a buddy of mine let me borrow this as a "thanks" for letting him borrow John Carter; I'm notorious for not letting anyone, regardless of affiliation, borrow my movies. For whatever reason, I was in a trusting mood that day. So in return, I checked out Megamind tonight and rather enjoyed it. It's a fun romp that also serves as a good spoof of the superhero genre. I thought Will Ferrell's voice acting was really well done, and the story, while a bit cursory, was still entertaining. Will this lead to more animation diversions? Probably not, but you never know.

No comments:

Post a Comment