Sunday, June 3, 2012

Alien³ (1992)

Alien³ (1992)

Directed by: David Fincher
Screenplay by: David Giler, Walter Hill, and Larry Ferguson

Genre: Action | Sci-Fi | Thriller
Running Time: 114 Minutes (Theatrical Cut)
MPAA Rating: R
Viewed: Owned Blu-ray

3 times the suspense. 3 times the danger. 3 times the terror.

[IMDb]




Comments: And some more...

- So I know I've been watching the preferred versions of the Alien films, but given Alien³'s history, I figured shorter may be better. Plus, I don't think David Fincher wants anything to do with this film, so there is likely no preferred cut.

- I've actually never seen Alien³ or Alien: Resurrection before, so it's about goddamn time. I wasn't really missing much though. The film is decent enough, but nowhere near as good as its two predecessors.

- This is also the only David Fincher film I've never seen. I've like everything he's made, and I consider him one of my top five directors working right now. But Alien³ scores near the bottom of his catalog, along with The Game. (I know a lot of people love that film, but it did nothing for me. It's something I haven't seen in years, so it's something I'll have to revisit sometime.)

- The CGI is pretty horrible in the film as well. The practical effects are fine, but when they animate the alien running around it looks rather bad. This is only a year before Jurassic Park came out too, and that move still looks good today.

- And thus ends another shitty review. On to the last one...

No comments:

Post a Comment