Sunday, June 24, 2012

Ocean's Eleven (2001)

Ocean's Eleven (2001)

Directed by: Steven Soderbergh
Screenplay by: Ted Griffin

Genre: Crime | Thriller
Running Time: 116 Minutes
MPAA Rating: PG-13
Viewed: Owned Blu-ray

Are you in or out?

[IMDb]




Comments: Ocean's Eleven might have been my favorite film during the end of my high school years going into my first year of college (that would be roughly 2002-2004). I loved the comedy, the con, and pretty much everything else about the movie. It was fantastic (and generally still is). I started to get into movies more seriously after that, and began to treat them as more than a rainy day diversion. It was then that I really started to pick out the flaws in Ocean's Eleven (and there's a lot), and soon I no longer held the film as one of my favorites (which really saddened me, because I goddamn loved it). There's so many plot holes in the movie that it's hard to believe chunks of the set didn't start falling through them. Every time I watch it, I tend to notice more. But all of this can't take away the two main things for the film: (a.) the nostalgia I get from watching Ocean's Eleven and thinking back to a great time in my life (the beginning of college), and (b.) that no matter how many issues there are with the film, it's still outstandingly fun and entertaining, and it will draw my attention any time it's onscreen. I can't help it. I fucking love it.

No comments:

Post a Comment