Sunday, June 3, 2012

Alien: Resurrection (1997)

Alien: Resurrection (1997)

Directed by: Jean-Pierre Jeunet
Screenplay by: Joss Whedon

Genre: Action | Sci-Fi | Thriller
Running Time: 109 Minutes (Theatrical Cut)
MPAA Rating: R
Viewed: Owned Blu-ray

Witness the resurrection.

[IMDb]




Comments: I'm about all Aliened out about now, but I'm glad to finally get through the series (there will be no AVP sightings tonight). While I don't think Alien: Resurrection was all that great, I did enjoy myself. As a fanboy, I'll credit that to Joss Whedon's writing, because I think that's what held it together at times. One thing that didn't help the film was Winona Ryder, an actress I cannot fucking stand. She makes me cringe in just about every film she's in (and she's invaded some of my recent favorites, including Star Trek and Black Swan). But anyway, for a movie that never needed to be made, Alien: Resurrection ain't half bad. I guess we should be thankful that the (original) franchise ended here.

No comments:

Post a Comment