Tuesday, June 26, 2012

Days of Heaven (1978)

Days of Heaven (1978)

Directed by: Terrence Malick
Screenplay by: Terrence Malick

Genre: Drama | Romance
Running Time: 94 Minutes
MPAA Rating: PG
Viewed: Netflix Watch Instantly

Your eyes... Your ears... Your senses... will be overwhelmed.

[IMDb]




Comments: By no means am I a Terrence Malick aficionado (the only other film of his I've seen was 2011's excellent The Tree of Life), but it's impossible not to notice the directorial similarities between the two films, even though they were made 30+ years apart. I liked The Tree of Life better, mainly because I was more attached to the main storyline; the plot is fine in Days of Heaven, but it just didn't emotionally involve me like the former. The real star of Days of Heaven is the gorgeous cinematography. Every shot feels iconic (I've often though of starting another blog to post screenshots of my favorite scenes in movies; I'm just too lazy to go back through a movie on my computer though), and I just loved the overall look of the film (particularly the fire toward the end, it's brilliant). Days of Heaven expires in a few days on Netflix Watch Instantly, so go watch it before it's too late.

No comments:

Post a Comment