Friday, June 29, 2012

Man on a Ledge (2012)

Man on a Ledge (2012)

Directed by: Asger Leth
Screenplay by: Pablo F. Fenjves

Genre: Crime | Thriller
Running Time: 102 Minutes
MPAA Rating: PG-13
Viewed: Rental DVD - Family Video

You can only push an innocent man so far.

[IMDb]




Comments: This might have been one of the most ludicrous, over-the-top, and ridiculous movies I've ever seen. The plot (in particular the final thirty minutes or so) is so unrealistic that it's impossible to stay invested in the film. Up until that point, Man on a Ledge was rather engaging. And we'll not even talk about Sam Worthington's inability to speak without an Australian accent or Elizabeth Banks' terrible hostage negotiator (I like her as an actress, she was just horribly unconvincing here). Anyway, I'm glad this was a rental.

I'm off from work today and in my hometown (where we still have rental stores!), so I've rented a bunch of movies for my long weekend. The next day or two should be filled with a variety of movies, as that's how I generally roll. Stay tuned.

No comments:

Post a Comment