Sunday, June 24, 2012

Ocean's Thirteen (2007)

Ocean's Thirteen (2007)

Directed by: Steven Soderbergh
Screenplay by: Brian Koppelman and David Levien

Genre: Crime | Thriller
Running Time: 122 Minutes
MPAA Rating: PG-13
Viewed: Owned Blu-ray

Revenge is a funny thing.

[IMDb]




Comments: Ocean's Thirteen is the only film from the trilogy I hadn't seen multiple times. In fact, I haven't watched this since my initial theater viewing back in 2007, where I felt that it was an improvement on Ocean's Twelve. After watching all three today, I feel like this installment is pretty much on par with the prior film. While the con and heist aspect is greatly improved upon, the film loses a lot of the wit and style the first two had. And while the con is pretty decent, it's so dense that there's little for anything else, as it starts pretty much the instant the movie begins. After plowing through the trilogy today, I certainly still enjoy all three films - but the last two are not quite as good as I remember. However, if George and crew ever decide to suit up again, I'll be the first in line.

No comments:

Post a Comment