Saturday, July 10, 2010

Land of the Lost (2009)

Land of the Lost (2009)

Directed by: Brad Silberling
Screenplay by: Chris Henchy and Dennis McNicholas

Genre: Adventure | Comedy | Sci-Fi
Running Time: 102 Minutes
MPAA Rating: PG-13
Viewed: Rental DVD - Family Video

Right place. Wrong time.

[IMDb]




Comments: Land of the Lost was pretty much universally shit on upon its release. I had no desire to see the film, but at the same time I liked the combination of Will Ferrell and Kenny Powers Danny McBride and figured that I'd get at least a few laughs out of the film. For the most part, I was right. Now I've never seen the original Land of the Lost, but the plot of the this movie is fucking weird as hell (after a quick jaunt over to Wikipedia, I found that the film actually is similar to the original television show). Also, the character of Cha-Ka is dreadful and Jar Jar Binks in nature. Beyond that, there's a few jokes that worked, and I can't say my time was completely wasted. Still, you'd probably be wise to look elsewhere for entertainment.

No comments:

Post a Comment