Friday, July 16, 2010

Inception (2010)

Inception (2010)

Directed by: Christopher Nolan
Screenplay by: Christopher Nolan

Genre: Drama | Mystery | Sci-Fi | Thriller
Running Time: 148 Minutes
MPAA Rating: PG-13
Viewed: Theater

Your mind is the scene of the crime.

[IMDb]




Comments: Inception is pretty fucking awesome, as I expected it would be. I don't really want to go over the plot that much, since it's much more fun to simply experience the film. But I will say that I am extremely impressed with Christopher Nolan (again), as not only did he direct the film, but he wrote one intriguing top-notch script (I did find it hard to empathize with the characters a bit; there's not a lot of development and Inception could be considered a little cold to the touch). I did have a few issues with the logic of the film, particularly toward the end (such as limbo, and how characters come and go; many of these are discussed in the IMDb's FAQ section for the film). However, it's the "good" kind of issues/confusion, much like when I watched Donnie Darko for the first time and had no idea what happened at the end, other than I loved the hell out of the movie. Anyway, Inception is definitely one of the best of the year so far, and well worth your time. It's a film that is going to demand multiple viewings, so be prepared. But it's an awesome ride.

No comments:

Post a Comment