Sunday, July 11, 2010

1968 Tunnel Rats (2008)

1968 Tunnel Rats (2008)

Directed by: Uwe Boll
Screenplay by: Uwe Boll

Genre: Action | Drama | War
Running Time: 96 Minutes
MPAA Rating: R
Viewed: Rental DVD - Family Video

Hell is for heroes.

[IMDb]




Comments: I was going to start the review by saying that watching 1968 Tunnel Rats ended my awesome streak of never having seen an Uwe Boll film. Then I realized that I've unfortunately seen BloodRayne. Anyway, I used to read a blog that I based The Musical Whorehouse's current design off of (it no longer exists, sadly), and I really enjoyed reading this gentleman's rants on films. But then one day, a four star (out of four) review appeared for 1968 Tunnel Rats from someone who usually shits all over Uwe Boll. Since then, I've been intrigued by the film, and now that I finally got around to watching it, it's much better than I expected. It certainly would have been received more positively had Boll's name not been attached. Sure, there's a few issues, but overall it's a decent film and not steaming pile of shit like some of Boll's other work. That's about as positive as I can get for a Boll film.

No comments:

Post a Comment