Friday, July 9, 2010

Adam (2009)

Adam (2009)

Directed by: Max Mayer
Screenplay by: Max Mayer

Genre: Drama | Romance
Running Time: 99 Minutes
MPAA Rating: PG-13
Viewed: Rental DVD - Family Video

A story about two strangers. One a little stranger than the other...

[IMDb]




Comments: I remember watching the trailer for Adam last year (unfortunately, it took me this long to finally watch the film); I was instantly drawn to the story as I tend to enjoy romantic dramas similar to this one. But Adam is a bit different, as the title character has Asperger Syndrome, which is essentially a higher-functioning autism. Adam is excellently played by Hugh Dancy (the rest of the cast is fantastic as well), and I have read several reviews stating how accurately the film portrays the disease. There's also an underlying sadness to the entire proceedings, which is probably why I loved Adam as much as I did; most of my favorite films are depressing. But don't misunderstand, the film's not a downer - it's a wonderfully touching and excellent look at an unusual relationship. It's certainly worth an hour and forty minutes of your time.

No comments:

Post a Comment