Friday, July 9, 2010

Hot Tub Time Machine (2010)

Hot Tub Time Machine (2010)

Directed by: Steve Pink
Screenplay by: Josh Heald, Sean Anders, and John Morris

Genre: Comedy | Sci-Fi
Running Time: 99 Minutes
MPAA Rating: R
Viewed: Rental DVD - Family Video

Kick some past.

[IMDb]




Comments: Despite the fact that Hot Tub Time Machine didn't garner the most positive reviews when it was released, I was never really swayed from my desire to see the film. I loved the cast, and with the complete absurdist humor (Craig Robinson stating that "it must be some kind of... hot tub time machine" while looking directly at the camera), I figured the film was going to be a riot. Unfortunately, I was severely disappointed at the first half of the film. The script was scatterbrained as hell, and it felt like every other line was dubbed in during post-production (that's something I've started to notice more and more recently; it annoys the shit out of me). Luckily, once a general purpose is established for the film (going back to the present - or is it going forth to the present?), Hot Tub Time Machine starts to become a cohesive film that really had me entertained. It's got a surprisingly touching ending that made me appreciate the film much more than I would have originally. And while it may not be for everyone, I certainly enjoyed the flick. Isn't that all that matters?

No comments:

Post a Comment