Sunday, April 1, 2012

Firefly - Season One (2002)

Firefly (2002)

Created by: Joss Whedon

Season: One (2002)
Genre: Drama | Sci-Fi
Number of Episodes: 14
Episode Running Time: 60 Minutes
Viewed: Owned DVD

[IMDb]






Comments: Ah, Firefly. A show with a reputation for being one of the best ever one season shows (the only show that I can think of with as much fanfare is Freaks and Geeks). I've owned the show for a long time, but as usual, put off watching it way too long. I finally dove in a week-and-a-half ago and promptly fell in love.

Make no mistake, Firefly isn't the greatest show ever, no matter what diehard Browncoats say. But, it was rather great with a chance to be spectacular, had it been allowed to continue. It had everything I love in a show: action, suspense, romance (though the main romance between Mal and Inara never had the chance to run its full course - or any real course) and comedy. It was awesome, and I really understand why its cancellation pissed so many people off.

I'm about to pop in Serenity, the show's big screen follow-up. I've seen the movie before, but never having watched Firefly, so it'll be like watching the film all over again (I don't really remember much about it, anyway). It's a shame the show never got the chance it deserved, but even with fourteen episodes, it accomplished something that few shows ever can. And it's shiny.

No comments:

Post a Comment