Saturday, April 7, 2012

Our Idiot Brother (2011)

Our Idiot Brother (2011)

Directed by: Jesse Peretz
Screenplay by: Evgenia Peretz and David Schisgall

Genre: Comedy | Drama
Running Time: 90 Minutes
MPAA Rating: R
Viewed: Owned Blu-ray

Everybody has one.

[IMDb]




Comments: Our Idiot Brother was a tough nut to crack. Most of the film was painfully unfunny, yet I found myself engaged by Paul Rudd's character. The script was unoriginal, anticlimactic, and well, bad - but I was still curious to watch the film resolve. The ending wasn't really satisfying (and everything occurs way too fast), but I didn't have many expectations considering my thoughts on the rest of the film. Paul Rudd is definitely the best part of Our Idiot Brother, as just about every other character got on my nerves (sans T.J. Miller and Adam Scott - I love those guys). This one definitely isn't worth a watch, and I see now why there wasn't much fanfare when this premiered last year. It's not deserving of much.

No comments:

Post a Comment