Sunday, April 22, 2012

Mission: Impossible (1996)

Mission: Impossible (1996)

Directed by: Brian De Palma
Screenplay by: David Koepp and Robert Towne

Genre: Action | Adventure | Thriller
Running Time: 110 Minutes
MPAA Rating: PG-13
Viewed: Owned DVD

Expect the impossible.

[IMDb]




Comments: In my head, the third and fourth installments of the Mission: Impossible franchise are the definitive films of the series. I've never been a huge fan of the first two movies; however, I was so pumped up after watching Ghost Protocol last night that I wanted to revisit them. The first film, helmed by famed director Brian De Palma, is decent enough, though the only "classic" scene throughout was the break-in of the CIA facility (the train finale was OK, but a little too over-the-top [in a series of full of over-the-top ridiculousness]). I don't know if I'll watch Mission: Impossible 2 later this evening now, but I am considering it. For the time being, however, I'm feeling some random Netflix shiznit.

No comments:

Post a Comment