Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Jackass 3 (2010)

Jackass 3 (2010)

Directed by: Jeff Tremaine
Screenplay by: Preston Lacy

Genre: Documentary | Action | Comedy
Running Time: 99 Minutes
MPAA Rating: Unrated
Viewed: Netflix Watch Instantly

[IMDb]






Comments: I've always been a Jackass fan through the years, but I haven't had the chance to catch up with the third installment. I had nothing against the film, but after seeing the TV show and movies over the years, what else is there? However, now that I've signed up for Netflix once again (mainly to watch a few lauded films that I haven't got around to seeing yet, like Senna, Biutiful, and Weekend), Jackass 3 naturally became the first film that I ended up watching (and somehow, I foresee more trash in the future). Anyway, as I've grown older and (somewhat) more mature, I find a number of the stunts that the crew pulls to be... well, retarded. Why in the hell would anyone do that? Some of the segments aren't even that funny. But beyond that maturity exists the eternal spirit of a 12-year-old kid (that sounded really fucking bad), who, despite obvious objections to the idiocy onscreen, was laughing hysterically at Johnny Knoxville and company. Case in point: the Lamborghini tooth pull. The stunt made me cringe before, during, and after said canine's extraction. The amount of pain Ehren McGhehey was in made my teeth hurt. But then they showed the entire stunt in slow motion and I couldn't stop laughing. There's that damn 12-year-old again.

No comments:

Post a Comment