Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Women in Cages (1971)

Women in Cages (1971)

Directed by: Gerardo de Leon
Screenplay by: James H. Watkins and David Osterhout

Genre: Action | Crime | Drama
Running Time: 81 Minutes
MPAA Rating: R
Viewed: Netflix Watch Instantly

White skin on the black market.

[IMDb]




Comments: I've seen more than my share of "women in prison" flicks over the years, and I can say that I enjoy the overall sleaziness associated with the genre (because I'm a dirtbag, essentially). That's exactly why I'd pick something like Women in Cages to watch on Netflix instead of one of the quality films I mentioned in my previous post. And to my surprise, Women in Cages was pretty good. While being rather vile in some sections, the film lacked the overall graphic violence and depravity that I've seen in others, but the story was solid enough that my attention was held throughout. Plus, it's always nice to see Pam Grier (even as the antagonist) taking names and kicking asses, particularly because the protagonist of the story was a nutcase and super annoying (she also seemed to be conveniently covered in her nude scenes, which is a giant no-no in WIP movies!). Anyway, fans of the genre know what they're getting with a film like Women in Cages, and surprisingly, it's not bad.

No comments:

Post a Comment