Sunday, April 8, 2012

The Skin I Live In (2011)

The Skin I Live In (2011)

Directed by: Pedro Almodóvar
Screenplay by: Pedro Almodóvar

Genre: Drama | Thriller
Running Time: 117 Minutes
MPAA Rating: R
Viewed: Owned Blu-ray

[IMDb]






Comments: After I heard a number of great things about Pedro Almodóvar's The Skin I Live In, I picked up the Blu-ray a few weeks ago, anxiously anticipating the supposedly perverse and odd film. I will say this - I loved the story - and going into any detail will give away a number of great plot twists. However, I felt the film was extremely disjointed at times, and Almodóvar never seemed to fully hit his stride. Almodóvar's catalog is one I'd love to dive into but haven't yet, so I really can't compare this to any of his prior features. But despite the overall pacing, I really enjoyed The Skin I Live In. It is rather twisted at times, but you know me: the crazier, the better. Recommended.

Also Known As: La Piel Que Habito

No comments:

Post a Comment