Sunday, April 29, 2012

It's Kind of a Funny Story (2010)

It's Kind of a Funny Story (2010)

Directed by: Anna Boden and Ryan Fleck
Screenplay by: Anna Boden and Ryan Fleck

Genre: Comedy | Drama | Romance
Running Time: 102 Minutes
MPAA Rating: PG-13
Viewed: Owned Blu-ray

Sometimes what's in your head isn't as crazy as you think.

[IMDb]




Comments: I've wanted to check out Anna Boden and Ryan Fleck's It's Kind of a Funny Story for some time now as I was a really big fan of their film Half Nelson. I ended up picking up the Blu-ray yesterday at Best Buy for a measly five bones (thanks to their awesome "Upgrade and Save" program), and since I have absolutely nothing to do today I popped 'er in. As you can see by the rating, I really enjoyed this film. It relies on the "newcomer rallies everyone together in a touching fashion" routine, something I know every movie fan's seen over the years. But despite the somewhat basic premise, the movie is really sweet and endearing, so I was easily able to look past the issue. It's also great to see Zach Galifianakis play someone other than the "Alan" character from The Hangover; he's not the greatest actor in the world, but I thought he was really good here in a more low-key role. Plus the always great Jeremy Davies is in the film, a man who's up near Walton Goggins in terms of my favorite character actors working today (it's no coincidence that both play on one of my favorite TV shows going right now, Justified). So anyway, there's a lot to like about It's Kind of a Funny Story; you should give it a shot some time.

No comments:

Post a Comment