Friday, June 19, 2009

The Uninvited (2009)

The Uninvited (2009)

Directed by: Charles Guard and Thomas Guard
Screenplay by: Craig Rosenberg, Doug Miro, and Carlo Bernard

Genre: Drama | Horror | Mystery | Thriller
Running Time: 87 Minutes
MPAA Rating: PG-13
Viewed: Rental DVD - Blockbuster

Fear moves in.

[IMDb]




Comments: I had no idea until I made this post that The Uninvited was a remake of A Tale of Two Sisters. I've always wanted to see that movie, but sadly I never got around to it. It shouldn't surprise me though, as most PG-13 horror films these days are rip-offs of Asian horror. However, unlike most remakes, The Uninvited isn't completely horrible. There's nothing particularly original about the story (I have no idea if the plot/twist is the same as it is in A Tale of Two Sisters). The twist in the end, while somewhat unexpected, is nothing new or mind-blowing. I've seen it all before. Emily Browning was cute as hell in her role, and I no longer feel guilty saying that. Even though she looks like she's 13, she's actually 20(!). It's also weird seeing Elizabeth Banks as an evil character, because she's normally a barrel full of awesome in whatever role she's in. All that being said, there's nothing particularly great (or horrible) about The Uninvited, as it's your standard PG-13 horror flick. You could certainly do worse, though.

No comments:

Post a Comment