Monday, June 29, 2009

Outpost (2008)

Outpost (2008)

Directed by: Steve Barker
Screenplay by: Rae Brunton

Genre: Action | Horror
Running Time: 90 Minutes
MPAA Rating: R
Viewed: Rental DVD - Family Video

You can't kill what's already dead.

[IMDb]




Comments: I've been interested in Outpost for awhile now. It was recommended to me by this kid I went to school with (that I didn't know well) based solely on the fact that we both enjoyed the Nazi zombie mode on Call of Duty: World at War. Well, his taste in movies is questionable. Looking at Outpost from the outside, it looks like a decent entry into the horror genre. But after nothing happened for the first 40 minutes, I was wondering when the action and excitement was going to start. I thought maybe the film was methodically paced for a pulse-pounding finale; that wasn't the case either. The final act of the film lacked any kind of punch. Outpost is a completely mediocre film, which is a damn shame. I had some high hopes for it.

No comments:

Post a Comment