Sunday, June 28, 2009

Trapped Ashes (2006)

Trapped Ashes (2006)

Directed by: Sean S. Cunningham, Joe Dante, John Gaeta, Monte
  Hellman, and Ken Russell
Screenplay by: Dennis Bartok

Genre: Horror
Running Time: 105 Minutes
MPAA Rating: R
Viewed: Rental DVD - Family Video

[IMDb]





Comments: Well, it took me long enough to sit down and finally watch Trapped Ashes. I can't say I was disappointed in the film because I didn't expect much. The movie is about 7 people stranded in a legendary haunted film set, and they each must tell a horrific true story. The film reminds me of something that would've been on a television show such as The Twilight Zone (well, plus some additional violence and nudity). There's nothing particularly atrocious about the film, but at the same time there's not a whole lot that's good, either. Some of the concepts for the stories are interesting (my favorite being the vampiric breast implants), but none of them stand out. Trapped Ashes is a bland film, but if you're a horror buff, you may find some parts interesting. Other than those select few, you can find a better way to spend your time.

No comments:

Post a Comment