Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Donkey Punch (2008)

Donkey Punch (2008)

Directed by: Oliver Blackburn
Screenplay by: Oliver Blackburn and David Bloom

Genre: Drama | Thriller
Running Time: 99 Minutes
MPAA Rating: Unrated
Viewed: Rental DVD - Family Video

This party is going overboard.

[IMDb]




Comments: Ever since I heard there was a movie called Donkey Punch, I knew that I'd see it one day. I figured the title was nothing more than a ploy to capture people's attention to a sub-par film. Imagine my surprise when the film was actually decent, and the whole story revolved around a girl killed via donkey punch! Okay, I got a little too excited there. The film is rather exploitative, but not enough to be classified as such. Instead, we have a drama filled with horror elements. There's a rather revealing orgy (where said donkey punch takes place), as well as some pretty decent kill scenes that were more graphic than I expected, since this isn't a straight horror film. None of the characters are remotely likable, and they tend to make decisions that only serve to keep the film going. Usually that pisses me off, but the way that characters met their death kept me in good spirits. The soundtrack was good as well, and probably made me like the film even more (the use of a remix of M83's "Don't Save Us From the Flames" during the orgy was amazing). Overall, Donkey Punch certainly isn't a great film, but I'll be damned if I wasn't entertained.

No comments:

Post a Comment