Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Plague Town (2008)

Plague Town (2008)

Directed by: David Gregory
Screenplay by: John Cregan and David Gregory

Genre: Horror
Running Time: 88 Minutes
MPAA Rating: Unrated
Viewed: Rental DVD - Family Video

It's in the blood.

[IMDb]




Comments: I had a heightened interest in Plague Town over the past few weeks due to some asshat over at DVD Talk that gave the film a "highly recommended" review. It was my own dumb ass fault that I didn't actually read the damn review (and I still haven't), and instead only looked at the sweet DVD cover and decided that this movie was going to be awesome. This movie is not awesome. Plague Town is an overwhelmingly standard no-budget horror film. When it comes to the horror genre, I realize that original ideas are few and far between. It usually comes down to whether or not the film contains solid entertainment or kick ass death scenes. Sadly, while there is plenty of gore in Plague Town, said gore is executed rather poorly. The film isn't completely awful or anything that drastic, it's just rather ho-hum. Same old shit, different day. Luckily for me, I just returned this film (along with Donkey Punch) and rented four more abysmal looking horror films. At least they give me something interesting to write about.

No comments:

Post a Comment