Sunday, June 14, 2009

Live Free or Die Hard (2007)

Live Free or Die Hard (2007)

Directed by: Len Wiseman
Screenplay by: Mark Bomback

Genre: Action | Crime | Drama | Thriller
Running Time: 130 Minutes
MPAA Rating: Unrated
Viewed: Owned DVD

Yippee Ki Yay Mo - John 6:27.

[IMDb]




Comments: After the lack of adrenaline in The Taking of Pelham 1 2 3, I felt the need to ramp the action quotient up a bit. And with the ridiculous amount of action in Live Free or Die Hard, I feel that I have accomplished this. I was originally annoyed by the fourth entry into the Die Hard series the first time I saw it in theaters; the PG-13 aspect, combined with the ludicrous things that happen (throwing a car into a helicopter, the whole F16/18 wheeler scene) made the film seem completely asinine. But watching the film a second time, with the f-bombs intact (even if a lot of them are dubbed in) made me enjoy the film for what it is: solid entertainment. Bruce Willis is just as funny as he is in the earlier films, and Justin Long doesn't annoy me as much as other sidekicks from recent years (here's looking at you, Shia LaBeouf). Live Free or Die Hard is an entertaining film, as long as you can ignore some of the more idiotic aspects of the film.

No comments:

Post a Comment