Saturday, February 5, 2011

Please Give (2010)

Please Give (2010)

Directed by: Nicole Holofcener
Screenplay by: Nicole Holofcener

Genre: Comedy | Drama
Running Time: 90 Minutes
MPAA Rating: R
Viewed: Rental DVD - Family Video

[IMDb]






Comments: When renting this gaggle of movies for the weekend, I was informed at the counter that I qualified for a free rental of an 'older' new release. I was ready to go, so I grabbed the first film I recognized: Please Give, which was yet another Filmspotting recommendation. Granted, only one of the hosts really liked the film, but I figured I'd give it a shot. I was split throughout most of it, as there were parts I liked (mainly those with Rebecca Hall), but I really didn't empathize with any of the other characters. By the end though, I really enjoyed the film, and I felt like I was sucked in more to each character and the way the were portrayed. Please Give is a quirky little dramadey that hits its stride more often than not, so that was good enough for me to enjoy it.

No comments:

Post a Comment