Sunday, February 13, 2011

Dogtooth (2009)

Dogtooth (2009)

Directed by: Giorgos Lanthimos
Screenplay by: Giorgos Lanthimos and Efthymis Filippou

Genre: Drama
Running Time: 94 Minutes
MPAA Rating: Not Rated
Viewed: Netflix Watch Instantly

[IMDb]






Comments: I'm amazed that Dogtooth was nominated for Best Foreign Film at this year's Academy Awards. That's not to say it's a bad film; it's actually very good. It would be excruciatingly funny too if it wasn't so fucked up. And I really mean fucked up. And I like movies like that, but there's just such a bizarreness to it that I have trouble truly allowing myself to enjoy it. The performances are great and the direction is solid. So it's certainly worth a watch if you think you're up for it. But be prepared, because I don't you will have seen anything like this in awhile.

No comments:

Post a Comment