Friday, February 4, 2011

The Kids Are All Right (2010)

The Kids Are All Right (2010)

Directed by: Lisa Cholodenko
Screenplay by: Lisa Cholodenko and Stuart Blumberg

Genre: Comedy | Drama
Running Time: 106 Minutes
MPAA Rating: R
Viewed: Rental DVD - Family Video

Nic and Jules had the perfect family, until they met the man who
  made it all possible.


[IMDb]



Comments: The Kids Are Alright is a film I've wanted to see for awhile, but my interest was ratcheted up after the guys at Filmspotting praised it, and in particular the performances. I really agree on the performance aspect, and in particular Mark Ruffalo. I've always enjoyed him, but felt he's been wooden in several films (Collateral comes to mind). But he, along with Annette Bening and Julianne Moore are stellar (I can't forget about the kids, who were terrific as well). The story, even though it's about two lesbians, felt a bit familiar at times, and I thought the resolution occurred a bit too easily. But I'm certainly not complaining, as The Kids Are Alright is definitely worthy of the praise it's received. Definitely recommended.

No comments:

Post a Comment